M.D. with Biomedical Engineering (M.Sc.) and basic science (Cellular & Molecular Physiology – Ph.D.) training, offering over 18 years of basic and translational research experience in the areas of adult Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, with emphasis on:
- Adult Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSC) Biology
- Musculoskeletal Tissue Engineering and Stem Cell-based Therapy
- Molecular Orthopaedics & Orthobiologics
- Stem Cell-based therapy to support Islet transplantation for type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (T1D)
International consultant, lecturer and instructor in the areas of Regenerative Medicine and Adult Stem Cell Biology/Therapy in English and Spanish:
Plus: 10 years of experience creating/supporting/consulting companies in the areas of Regenerative Medicine, Biotechnology and adult stem cell-based therapy.
1. Founder & Owner: Lumos Biomed Consulting, LLC (https://www.lumosbiomedconsulting.com): Medical & Scientific consulting in the areas of Regenerative Medicine, Stem Cell Biology/Therapy and Biotechnology; USA; 2016 - present
2. Partner, Shareholder & Strategic Scientific Consultant:
- General Donors Inc. (USA); 2018 – present.
- Freyja Therapeutics, LLC. (Canada); 2018 – present.
- Institute for Tissue Regeneration (Colombia); 2011 - present.
3. Scientific/Health Advisory Board (S/HAB) / Scientific Advisor:
- Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milan, Italy – 2018 - present
- Lipogems International S.p.A., Milan, Italy, 2017 - present
- Regenerative Medicine LLC, USA, 2015 - present
- Iweus Capital LLC, USA-Canada, 2016 – present.
- Society for Worldwide Medical Exchange, USA, 2016 - 2018
- Top Health Regenerative Medicine, Mexico, 2016 – 2017.
- Procaps SA, Cellular Medicine, Colombia, 2014 - 2016.
- GID Americas, Nicaragua, 2013 - 2015.
- Stem, Medicina Regenerativa, SA, Colombia, 2013 - 2014.
Carolina Quintero Gil is a Biologist, she has a MSc in Biology (University of Antioquia) and a PhD in Biotechnology (National University of Colombia). She has more than 10 years of teaching experience (postgraduate and undergraduate) and research in the areas of cell cultures and computational biology, applied to the development of new antiviral treatments based on products of natural origin.
As a BioXcellerator research leader and member of the Biobank's management team, Carolina will assist in the creation of new biotechnology research projects and hopes to create strong cooperative relationships between academia and industry in the future, to generate new knowledge that will help in the area of stem cells and regenerative medicine.
Microbiologist, MSc in Biology, candidate for a PhD in Basic Biomedical Sciences from the University of Antioquia. With 10 years of experience in tissue bank, cell cultures and in vitro and in vivo models. Héctor has conducted several investigations focused on models of antioxidant therapy in human neurons obtained from mesenchymal stem cells extracted from Wharton's gelatin from the umbilical cord for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's. In addition, he has conducted studies in different in vivo models, such as Drosophila melanogaster and Swiss albino mice. He has also worked on the standardization and diagnosis of molecular techniques for hereditary hemochromatosis, ApoE and various mutations in Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease, with extensive experience in advanced proteomic management tools, obtaining and studying natural extracts, evaluating antioxidant capacity in vitro free cells, micro cerebral dialysis and specific computer skills for laboratory work. Héctor has complemented his training as a professor at the Faculty of Pharmaceutical and Food Sciences and at the School of Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Antioquia. In addition, it has accreditation in good clinical practices, health quality audit and has certification of specific IATA shippers. Additionally, Héctor has experience as a clinical laboratory coordinator for clinical trials.
Héctor joined our team to support the Laboratory & Biobank process as an administrative and research leader, as well as supporting the functions of procurement, separation, expansion and cryopreservation of stem cells and development of research projects in cellular and regenerative therapy.
Microbiologist and Bioanalyst, master’s degree in Basic Biomedical Sciences with emphasis in neurosciences of University of Antioquia. With 3 years of experience in tissue bank and her research focus on models of antioxidative therapy in human neurons obtained from mesenchymal stem cells for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease such as Parkinson’s. Also, she had worked in molecular diagnostics of hereditary hemochromatosis. Vanesa has accreditation in ISO policies and quality lab controls.
Vanesa joined our team to support laboratory process of obtaining, separation, expansion and cryopreservation of stem cells and development of cell therapy research projects.
Microbiologist and Bioanalyst of the University of Antioquia, Specialist in Quality Management and Health Auditing of the Cooperativa de Colombia University, with more than 5 years of experience in cell culture management and with training in good laboratory practices, supports us in the obtaining, maintenance and processing of mesenchymal cells.